Size(s): M 171-181 cm | L 180-190 cm | XL 189-199 cm
Hybrid FAT Free Split Skin
The hybrid FAT Free is the natural progression of our free climbing skins for extra-wide freeride skis (waists >108 mm). With two wider strips for extra traction, the hybrid FAT free skins can tackle tough ascents on the fattest of skis.
Includes hybrid cleaning wipes and stuff sack with microfibre cloth to clean and dry ski base before applying skins.
Hybrid is the first ever twin layer adhesive technology for climbing skins. The upper layer sticks the skin firmly to the ski even at low temperatures. It is easy to remove and does not leave any residue on the ski base. The lower layer binds the upper layer of adhesive to the skin backing.
The result is a unique combination of the best qualities of hot melt skins and ‘glueless’ skins:
- Minimal effort required to separate adhesive sides from each other
- Effortless removal from the ski
- No more re-gluing needed; simply wash the adhesive layer to restore tackiness
- Excellent ski base adhesion on multiple ascents
- Excellent tack even at very low temperatures
It is important to check the adhesive layer regularly and clean it if necessary. Dust, dirt and ski wax residue do affect the adhesive performance and require the hybrid adhesive to be cleaned.