The following is an outline of the "fair weather" course; the final course will be a variation on this course. We’ll do our best with weather and snow conditions on Saturday morning to give participants the most challenging and scenic skiing and skinning possible.
1. Start Base Area. Competitors start on foot and run through the tunnel before putting on skis or splitboards.
2. Climb to top of chair 8 via the east of Awesome. Boot pack in the Dog Leg area if conditions permit. (Rec course will not include boot pack)
3. Climb through Tickler area to Divide.
4. (Rec division from Tickler: descend to top of lift 4, descend to Creek trail, climb to top of lift 2, continue to top of lift 6, decend to Park Bench. Climb to Dave’s Ditch, traverse to Over the Rainbow, descend to finish.)
5. From Divide, descend above lift 4 to below lift 9. Climb to Patrol Bowl, traverse to Castle Rock.
6. Descend Castle Rock, climb Jelly Roll, traverse to Summit Ridge
7. Descend Wild Child to Park Bench.
8. Climb and traverse Dave’s Ditch, descend Over the Rainbow to finish.
A detailed map should be available soon. Check for updates here.