• Ice Climbing, Alpinism
• World’s fastest placing ice screw!
• Can be clipped to the rope while placing to prevent accidental loss
• Machined with a shaft thickness tolerance of only 0.03 mm
• Chromoly steel is nickel-plated to prevent rust
• Front teeth are milled with three different angles for fastest penetration
• Reverse angle threads are optimized for brittle ice
• Angled lever arm provides clearance during placement
• Reduces total rack weight with the built-in sling
• Bright finish on hanger and lever helps reduce melt out in the sun
• Easy racking with two clipping points
• Includes tip protector and thread guard for packing
The Radion is the most advanced ice screw available. A unique hanger rotates independently on the shaft, ensuring the force of a fall is applied at the optimal angle. The Radion features a reverse angle on the threads (flat side towards the ice), to distribute pressure more uniformly in brittle ice.
Placing a Radion is greatly simplified by the aggressive front teeth, an ultra-smooth shaft, and a stiff lever arm with a rotating knob. The 12-mm color-coded Dyneema sling saves the weight and hassle of an extra draw. With a carabiner pre-attached—the Nano 23 or Orbit Wire are ideal—you can be moving upwards faster than ever. The screw can be placed or removed while clipped to the rope ensuring it will never get dropped. A carabiner hole on the steel hanger gives a second option for racking.
12cm | 17cm | 22cm
Read: The Remarkable Radion: The Fine Print on Ice Screw Design
180101: 12 cm – 155 g, 5.5 0z
180102: 17 cm – 177 g, 6.2 oz
180103: 22 cm – 199 g, 7.0 oz