ALPINISM, BACKCOUNTRY SKIING
- Combines proprietary Araneum fabric with HiTex15 DWR Ripstop nylon
- Combines 650+ premium grade white goose down with Primaloft® synthetic insulation for The best of both worlds
- Full size hood fits over a helmet and tightens with elastic closures
- Full length 2-way zipper with anti-jam system
- Zippered hand warmer pockets and inside chest pocket
- Adjustable elastic cords seal the bottom hem from drafts
- Lycra Cuffs
What do you get when you combine White Goose Down and Primaloft® synthetic fills in the same garment? The answer is top-notch performance for technical activities at low temperatures in variable conditions. The Dual Series features baffled high quality down on the front panels with Primaloft® insulation on the shoulders, sleeves and back.
Where we use down, we also use our proprietary Araneum fabric (a 20 denier nylon Ripstop fabric that is 33% stronger and only 10% heavier than 15 denier fabrics). Araneum is a spectacular insulating shell material because it is windproof and water resistant without the use of any coatings. This means the fabric has a natural tendency for trapping heat, yet it remains one of the most packable materials on the market.
Where we use Primaloft®, we use our hyperlight HiTex15 fabric–a special hyperlight Ripstop nylon that weighs less per square meter than our proprietary Araneum with a durable water repellant (DWR) treatment to make it waterproof and durable, yet still packable.
In short, each type of insulation has been matched to its best partner for shell materials to produce a garment that will both keep the core warm like only down can and keep the body dry like only Primaloft® can. Cool …
(L Size) – 545 g, 19.2 oz
Size(s): S – M – L – XL
Color(s): Blue – Gray – Black
Weight (L): 545 g, 19.2 oz
ON SALE – $174.98