We are three days away from this year's race and preparations are coming along nicely!
This email is to bring you up to speed on some CHANGES for this year.
As you all know, snow amounts are at record levels and our primary goal is to keep you safe.
1. Start Time is now 7:30am. This will allow Breck Ski Patrol to complete their Avalanche Control work and ensure better snow safety.
2. Water will be available at the top of Chair 6 next to the Warming Hut.
3. Post race party will now be at Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant from 2-4pm. Awards at 2:30…and we need to be cleared out by 4:00 so they can get ready for dinner!
1. Peak 10(Long Course only)-We will avoid the Numbers Chute and ascend between Mustang and the Numbers. This will be a skin track with kick turns in the trees. The route will come back into the ski area near the Start Shack at the top of Cimarron. Continue climbing in bounds to the top of Falcon Superchair and boot pack up to top of Ballroom. (Depending on conditions it may be possible to boot pack up just a short distance and skin the rest of the way to top of Ballroom)
2. Peak 8 (Both Courses)-From top of Chair 6 and the Warming Hut we will avoid Lake Chutes area. The route will access "Imperial Ridge" and climb to top of Peak 8. Route is a skin all the way to top of Imperial Chair then a bootpack to actual summit of Peak 8.
3. Peak 6- From top of Peak 7 descend to Log Cabin trail, descend a bit further to intersection with Delirium. Short Course competitors will continue descending all the way to base of Peak 7 and finish. Long Course competitors transition at intersection of Log Cabin/Delirium and begin ascent of Peak 6. Please consult Breck Ski Resort Trail map to familiarize yourself!
More changes are possible…please come to Mountain Outfitters on Friday night for packet pickup if possible. You may also pick up on race day AM at the Maggie beginning at 6:30.
Looking forward to a great day!